Effective date: 2/15/2023
Please read this Policy carefully. If you do not agree with this Policy or any part thereof, you should not access or use any part of the Services. If you change your mind in the future, you must stop using the Services and you may exercise your rights in relation to your Personal Data as set out in this Policy.
In some instances, we collect or maintain Personal Information on behalf of our customers as a “processor” under applicable laws, in which case this Policy does not apply. If you have questions about how we handle Personal Data as a processor, please contact the customer to which you have applied for a position.
- Personal Data we collect
We collect Personal Data from different sources listed below. In this Policy, “Personal Data” means any information related to an identified or identifiable individual, and does not include data whereby personally identifiable information has been removed (such as anonymous data).
Personal Data You Provide to Us
- Account information: When you create an account with us we collect your email address, password and name.
- Correspondence and other communications: When you contact us, including about our Services, via a contact form on our Website, email, via LinkedIn or by other means, you provide us with Personal Data, such as your full name, email address, telephone number and the content of your communications.
- Employment and background information: When you are a Candidate and register your interest with us for a job, via our Website or by other means, we will collect information to allow us to assess your suitability for open positions, including your full name, email address, postal address, telephone number. You will also provide information contained in your resume or CV and your cover letter including your education, professional and training history and details of any other relevant skills. You may also provide other documentation to support your application, including copies of certificates or diplomas.
- Information captured as part of the recruitment process: When you are a Candidate and register your interest for a job, we will generate information about you including interview notes and communications with third parties about suitable vacancies.
- Marketing information:When you register your choices for receiving communications about our activities and publications, we store this information.
- Sensitive information: PharmaLogics may also process “special categories of personal data” about you if you are a Candidate where required by an employer for a job, including vaccination status and background check information. We process this information with your explicit consent, where required by law or where it is necessary for a public interest.
Where you provide us with the Personal Data of third parties, it is your responsibility to inform them about the processing of their Personal Data in accordance with this Policy, and to confirm that they have given their permission.
Information Collected via Automated Means
- Device data: We collect information about your device such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., WiFi, LTE, 4G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Usage data:When you access and use the Services, we receive and store information about interactions with our Services, including pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, browsing history, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access, and whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within them.
Information We Receive from Third Parties
The third parties below process your Personal Data in accordance with their own privacy policies. Please review these policies carefully before using their services.
- Social media information:We maintain pages on social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. You or the platform providers may provide us with information through the social media platform, and we will treat such information in accordance with this Policy.
- Online professional information: We receive Personal Data on Candidates including your name, employment history and business contact details from public LinkedIn profiles, as well as from data brokers such as Zoominfo.
- Information provided to us by recruitment agenciesof other third parties.
- Other sources: We may obtain your Personal Data from other third parties, such as marketing partners, publicly-available source and lead generators.
- How we use your Personal Data
We will use your Personal Data for one or more of the purposes set out below. If you reside in the European Economic Area (the “EEA”), Switzerland or the UK, we only use your Personal Data as described in this section if we have a valid legal ground for the processing, as set out below.
- Providing you with the Services.We use your Personal Data to operate, maintain and provide you with the Services. In particular we will use your Personal Data to perform our contractual obligation towards you to allow you to create and use an account, browse the Services and to contact you in case of any issue with your account. The Personal Data we process when doing so includes your contact and account information.
- If you are a Candidate, to assess your suitability for job vacancies.It is in our legitimate interests to assess your suitability for job vacancies. The Personal Data we process when doing so includes your employment and background information, information captured as part of the recruitment process, and information we receive from third parties.
- Providing you with support and to respond to your requests and complaints. If you reach out to us for support, we will perform our contractual obligation towards you by using your Personal Data to respond and resolve your queries and facilitate support. The Personal Data we process when doing so includes your correspondence with us, your contact details, and to the extent applicable other Personal Data processed about you when you use our Services.
- Communicate with you about our Services.It is in our legitimate interests to communicate with you about our Services including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages. The Personal Data we process when doing so includes your contact details, account information and usage data.
- Improve or monitor usage of our Services and to protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized or illegal activity.It is in our legitimate interests to improve and keep our Services safe for our users, which includes conducting troubleshooting, testing and research and to keep the Services secure. When doing so we may use Personal Data that we automatically collect about you such as usage and device information.
- To monitor and analyze trends and use of our Services.It is in our legitimate interests to analyze the use of our Services. When doing so, we will process Personal Data that we automatically collect about you or that is generated about you when you use the Services.
- To personalize your use of our Services and our communications.It is in our legitimate interests to provide you with customized Services and communications that may be relevant or of interest to you. When doing so, we will process Personal Data your account and contact information, as well as Personal Data that we automatically collect about you.
- Direct marketing.Except where consent is required, unless you have opted out of receiving marketing communications, it is in our legitimate interests to use your Personal Data to communicate with you regarding job openings, our Services, promotions, events, and other news, products or services we think will be of interest to you. You can opt out of such communications by following the unsubscribe mechanism on any communication, or by otherwise emailing us at [email protected].
- To enforce the Epic Staffing Group Terms and Conditions, to comply with legal obligations and to defend PharmaLogics against legal claims or disputes. It is in our legitimate interests to enforce and comply with our terms and policies, to ensure the integrity of our Services and to defend ourselves against legal claims or disputes. Where we do so, we will use the Personal Data relevant to such a case. Some processing may also be necessary to comply with a legal obligation placed on PharmaLogics, for example to keep records of transactions, or as requested by any judicial process or governmental agency.
- For aggregation. It is in our legitimate interests to aggregate or anonymize Personal Data in a form that does not allow Candidates or other individuals to be personally identified and use the resulting information for statistical analysis regarding the use of the Services, such as to better understand our customer base, or for other purposes.
We only rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis when such legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms and we ensure we comply with any request you make to exercise your rights.
If, where we are processing your Personal Data to perform our contract with you, you do not provide the Personal Data, we may not be able to conclude or fulfill such contract.
- How we share your Personal Data
We disclose Personal Data about you with the following recipients and in the following circumstances:
- Affiliates: Affiliates and subsidiaries of PharmaLogics, for purposes consistent with this Policy, including the Epic Healthcare Staffing Group.
- Employers:If you are a Candidate and give your permission, we share your Personal Data with suitable Employers.
- Service Providers:We rely on vendors and service providers for the provision of our Services and for the purposes set out above, such as providers of website analytics, hosting and cloud computing services and other IT services, database management and customer support services in addition to other administrative services. These third parties may have access to or process your Personal Data as part of providing these services.
- Advertising Partners:We may share your personal information with third party advertising companies, including for the interest-based advertising purposes described above.
- Advisors:We work with various advisors, including tax consultants and legal advisors, with whom we may share your Personal Data.
- Legal: Information about our users, including Personal Data, will be disclosed to law enforcement agencies, regulatory bodies, public authorities or pursuant to the exercise of legal proceedings if we are legally required to do so, or if we believe, in good faith, that such disclosure is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or request, to enforce our terms and conditions, to prevent or resolve security or technical issues, or to protect the rights, property or safety of PharmaLogics, Candidates, users, a third party, or the public.
- Business Transaction: If PharmaLogics is involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, your Personal Data may be sold, transferred or otherwise shared including as part of any due diligence process.
- Your rights and choices
Update or correct personal information. You can contact us and request any updates or corrections needed to keep your personal information accurate, current, and complete.
Opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing communications by following the unsubscribe instructions in any marketing email we send you. Please note, however, that you may continue to receive communications as described in the “Communicate with you about the Services” section above after opting out of marketing communications.
- Personal data requests. Where required under the laws that apply in your place of residence, such as if you reside in the EEA, Switzerland or the UK, you may request the following in relation to you Personal Data: access the Personal Data we hold about you;
- request we correct any inaccurate Personal Data we hold about you;
- request we deleteany Personal Data we hold about you;
- restrict the processing of Personal Data we hold about you;
- object to the processing of Personal Data we hold about you;
- receive any Personal Data we hold about you in a structured and commonly used machine readable format or have such Personal Data transmitted to another company;
- withdraw any consentyou previously provided to us regarding the processing of your Personal Data at any time and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward. This will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent; and/or
Please note that, prior to any response to the exercise of such rights, we will require you to verify your identify. California residents can empower an “authorized agent” to submit requests on their behalf. We will require authorized agents to confirm their identity and authority, in accordance with applicable laws. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination. In addition, we may have valid legal reasons to refuse your request, and will inform you if that is the case. For more information on your rights, please contact us using the details in the “Contact Us” section below.
Do Not Track: Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
- International data transfers
If you provide us with your Personal Data when using the Services from the EEA, Switzerland or the UK or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from United States law, then please note that you are transferring your Personal Data outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing.
If we transfer your Personal Data internationally, these countries may not provide the same protections as the data protection laws where you are based. We will ensure that relevant safeguards are in place to afford adequate protection for your Personal Data and we will comply with applicable data protection laws, in particular if you reside in the EEA, Switzerland or UK by relying on an EU Commission or UK government adequacy decision, on contractual protections for the transfer of your Personal Data or a derogation if available. For more information about how we transfer Personal Data internationally, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below.
- Children’s privacy
Our Services are not directed to children, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from anyone under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from Children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- Retention of Personal Data
We retain your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected and processed, in accordance with our retention policies, and in accordance with applicable laws or until you withdraw your consent (where applicable).
To determine the appropriate retention period for your personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we use your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
- Security of Personal Data
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect against unauthorized access, misuse, loss, disclosure, alteration and destruction of Personal Data we process. Unfortunately, data transmission over the Internet cannot be guaranteed as completely secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its security.
- Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- Changes and Updates to this Policy
If we make material changes, we will let you know via email and/or a prominent notice on our Services.
If you wish to lodge a complaint about how we process your Personal Data, please contact us at [email protected]. We will endeavor to respond to your complaint as soon as possible. You may also lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work, or where you believe an incident took place.
- Contact Us
PharmaLogics Recruiting, LLC is the entity responsible for the processing of your Personal Data, and is the data controller in respect of such processing. If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, our privacy practices, or if you would like to exercise your rights with respect to your Personal Data, please contact us by email at [email protected].
- EU Representative
VeraSafe has been appointed as PharmaLogics Recruiting, LLC ‘s representative in the European Union for data protection matters, pursuant to Article 27 of the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union. If you are in the European Economic Area, in addition to contacting [email protected], you may contact VeraSafe using this contact form: https://verasafe.com/public-resources/contactdata-protection-representative or via telephone at: +420 228 881 031.
Alternatively, VeraSafe can be contacted at:
VeraSafe Ireland Ltd.
Unit 3D North Point House
North Point Business Park
New Mallow Road