If you are interested in this position, please email resume to [email protected].
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience and education
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Reports To: Human Resources Business Partner
The Administrative Assistant for the Human Resources team handles and provides support for various HR employee programs and day-to-day operations within the organization. As a member of the Human Resources Team, this individual is considered a company culture and core values champion. This position is responsible for making sure that the organization meets the needs of its employees, and ensures that the office operates smoothly, safely and efficiently. Working with the HR Business Partner, the Administrative Assistant’s priorities are centered on the recruitment and hiring processes, as well as other special HR projects.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the recruitment process, including sourcing, screening, scheduling interviews, generating offer letters and other paperwork to close out the process.
- Assist with EEO filing and other data collection.
- Responsible for pulling data to complete annual reporting.
- Assist with front office activities, including reception area maintenance, fielding incoming calls when needed, mail distribution, large purchasing requests, etc.
- Supervises and coordinates overall administrative activities, communication and events.
- Plans, coordinates and sets up for company events, whether in house or external.
- Handles sensitive situations with care, professionalism and utmost confidentiality.
- Responsible for the facilities day-to-day operations (such as distributing building access keys and back-up to security access cards, etc.)
- Ensures compliance with applicable building and safety codes, hazardous waste disposal, OSHA, hazardous materials, etc.
- Trains employees and assigned safety wardens; ensure that safety procedures and work practices are followed at all times.
- Supervises the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement and housekeeping of office facilities.
- Work with outside vendors as needed.
- Assist with the creation of the monthly newsletter.
- Participates as needed in special department projects.
- Minimum 1-2 years of administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Associate’s Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience in Human Resources a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Tech-savvy with computer software and applications such as Microsoft Office 365
- Self-starter with strong project management/organizational skills and the ability to stay ahead of the curve and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong communication and listening skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Must be able to speak with employees to provide clear instruction and work with management to make sure the job is done well and on time.
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to multi-task in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work occasional off-hours for special projects or team meetings with participants in different time zones.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Exudes company core values and helps create and maintain a fun, safe and accountable work environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Visual and verbal acuity; while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- This position is requires sitting at the computer the majority of the day, as well as the ability to lift ten (10) pounds.
- Fine motor skills.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PharmaLogics affords equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression, veteran or marital status.